The Rouen tourist agency, that looks on to the cathedral parvis used to
be the tax inspector's
office before the revolution. This explains its former name "Bureau des finances" (Finance
office). That building was erected between 1509 and 1511 by the famous architect Roulland
le Roux and ordered by the Amboise cardinal. Even if the south facade of the building remains
partly gothic, it is often considered as one of the first secular Renaissance building in France.