The Fierté Saint Romain was erected in 1543 in the historical center
of Rouen, in front of the "Halle aux toiles" (canvas market).
Fierté Saint Romain
That building, often attributed to Jean Goujeon, is one of the evidence
of the strength
of the Renaissance in Rouen. The Fierté and its two stacked loggias, ornated with corinthian columns,
is one of the few buildings that was not destroyed in that district during the WWII bombings.