The gothic flamboyant Saint Laurent church was built during the XVIth century.
During the french Revolution, it was deconsacred and put to another purpose
and used as a simple workshop.
In 1893, in bad shape, it was bought by the Rouen town.
Finally, during the XIXth century the painter, photographer, printmaker
and fabulous collector, Henri Le Secq des Tournelles offered to the city its
huge iron work collection, displayed since in this former church.