Aitre Saint Maclou
That quiet place was erected in 1526 during an epidemic. It was used
as the Saint-Maclou church cimetery.
This square is famous for its half-timbered houses, that are decorated
sculptures (bones, dead heads, showels...) that remind us its first role.
Today, these buildings host the Rouen Fine Arts school.
Note : "Aitre" is an old french word (not used anymore) that means "church parvis" but also refers to the church cimetery.